We love our volunteers!
Our volunteers are the backbone of JMJ. Each year almost 5,000 volunteer hours are shared by our generous volunteers. We would love to have you consider joining us and sharing your time and talents. We have a variety of different volunteer opportunities to choose from.
For the following opportunities, we are looking for people that are willing to make a weekly or bi-weekly commitment.
*Must be a sonographer or a Nurse/MD with a license in sonography.
Field or home volunteer
Our Field Volunteers assist us by:
qualities of a great volunteer
What we are looking for in a volunteer:
- Must understand and support the mission and work of JMJ.
- Be willing to uphold Catholic social teaching on the dignity of life and family planning.
- Successfully complete required training and observance periods.
- Know and follow all JMJ policies and procedures.
- Be present for your full scheduled volunteer shift.
- Notify staff of any changes in volunteer time.
- Be in prayer before each shift to allow the Holy Spirit to be in control.
- Provide accurate information as set forth by training and policy/procedures.
- Look for teachable moments.
- Know and be able to clarify manufacturer’s directions for the pregnancy test.
- Complete client intake sheet and record all information appropriately.
- Clean pregnancy testing area immediately after each client.
- Be familiar with all literature and videos that may be provided for clients.
- Follow up with clients by phone or note upon permission.
- Communicate suggestions, grievances, etc. to the Center Director as needed.
- Share in keeping the center neat, clean, and orderly.
- Have an annual evaluation with the Center Director.
- Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: reception duties, computer work, fundraising, and publicity.
“ Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”